Parker’s Donates 600 KN95 Masks to Frontline COVID-19 Healthcare Providers at East Georgia Regional Medical Center
Parker’s, an award-winning, nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader, recently donated 600 KN95 masks to frontline healthcare providers at East Georgia Regional Medical Center during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“On behalf of our entire East Georgia Regional Medical Center family, we would like to express our heartfelt thanks and gratitude to Parker’s for their recent donation of KN95 masks for our healthcare team,” said Jenny Maddi, BSN RN, patient safety officer and director of risk management at East Georgia Regional Medical Center. “Through this donation, we will continue to be able to protect our staff and provide the best care to our patients and community. We are very thankful for this support and appreciate Parker’s for always being an engaged partner in our community.”
To date, Parker’s has donated over 7,000 KN95 masks to hospitals and healthcare facilities throughout coastal Georgia and South Carolina.
“We’re honored to serve our healthcare heroes, who are providing exceptional medical care to area residents throughout the Coronavirus pandemic,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “We know that mask shortages have impacted our community and want to make sure our doctors, nurses, clinicians and staff members have the Personal Protective Equipment they need to stay safe while caring for patients.”
Founded in 1976, Parker’s is one of America’s most respected convenience store brands. Parker’s gives back to every community where it does business through the Fueling the Community charitable giving program, which donates a portion of gas sold at all Parker’s locations on the first Wednesday of the month to area schools, healthcare facilities and other important causes. To date, the company has given more than $7 million in local charitable donations.
Parker’s has been named to the Inc. 5000 list of the Fastest Growing Companies in America for five years and currently has 66 retail stores throughout coastal Georgia and South Carolina. The company employs more than 1,200 individuals throughout the region and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Known as America’s cleanest convenience store company, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and food service companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the new food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 150,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $10 million to date. Learn more: www.parkersav.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
● America’s Best Convenience Stores – Food and Wine
● 2019 Southeast Retailer of the Year – The Shelby Report
● 2019 Fastest Growing Companies in America – Inc. 5000
● 2018 Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year – Convenience Store News
● Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
● 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History – Convenience Store News
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
● Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
● Best Convenience Store – Island Packet
● Most Fab Convenience Store – Effingham Herald
● Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
● Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store – Jesup Press-Sentinel
● Citizen of the Year Award – Frank Callen Boys and Girls Club