- Attract new events, groups and meetings to the community
- Provide service and support for recurring events, groups, and meetings
- Plan and execute events to generate more visitor traffic
- Provide comprehensive visitor resources of local and regional information.
- Annually develop and implement an aggressive multi-media marketing campaign
- Acts as the Camera Ready liaison for film and movie production
Visit Statesboro Gift Shop
Conveniently located in the Statesboro Convention & Visitors Bureau, you’ll find regionally made products ranging from local artwork to an assortment of world famous Braswell’s Foods products. Grab a souvenir shot glass, t-shirt, or our most popular seller, the Statesboro Blues coffee mug! Need something to read on your road trip? Browse a selection of books written by local authors available for purchase. We’re happy to mail anything from our shop nationwide so give us a call if you see something you like!
SCVB Board of Directors
The SCVB is guided by an elected board representing the City and County along with colleagues in the hospitality industry. Board meetings are held at the SCVB office the first Wednesday of each month at 8 a.m. unless otherwise posted.
2018-2021 SCVB Board of Directors
Barry Turner – President
Peyton Fuller – Vice President
Jeff Yawn – Secretary/Treasurer
Brent Tharp – Past President
Bryan Davis – Board Member
Franklin Dismuke – Board Member
Tim Grams – Board Member
Dominique Halaby – Board Member
Christina Harrell – Board Member
Darryl Hopkins – Board Member
Amna Tabassam – Board Member
Olivia Willett – Board Member
Tourism IS Economic Development
“Build a place people want to visit and you will build a place people want to live.”
Tourism is one of the top industries in Statesboro. In 2016, it supported 1175 jobs and generated $139.9 million in direct tourism spending. This provided $384 in tax relief per Bulloch County household. The SCVB advances the economic vitality and quality of life for residents and visitors.